Login/Join

posted
Shhhhh .... let us not disturb them.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahaha.... clap
Sorry, between work, baby and the two night hunts per week I am v-e-r-y tired.

Last night I return home at 3 am after giving dinner to every blood sucker creature living in the woods, I wait near a dead cow where the pigs have been feeding but without success Roll Eyes

At 6 am up again for the milk bottle and out to the office...conclusion..I am not as younger as before and I need to sleep more SIESTAS !!!

But despite not answering I have been following your jaguars stories. Good work, thanks thumb

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Sometimes after reading what is going on on the African forum is better to continue the siesta.... Roll Eyes

Poor Saeed....

Oh no !! I will be accused of kissing someone a$$ Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last night I return home at 3 am after giving dinner to every blood sucker creature living in the woods, I wait near a dead cow where the pigs have been feeding but without success

Very well, my son. You are vindicated! I can merely imagine the sufferings you must surely have endured at the hands (hands?) of the leeches and mosquitos! Now, what of the rest of your sleeping companeros? They must all post as to what they have been up to, these last 72 Hours!!

posted Hide Post
Yes indeed ... poor Saeed. Hey .. a rhyme!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick: I was rereading and old magazine when out of the Letters from Readers section jumped an interesting piece from our good friend Gus and hit my nose.
Tomorrow I´ll try to post it. This is holiday´s time in our Hemisphere and next month many hunters will go after the red stags, including Lorenzo,not me Mad Mad
I´m sorry for not posting more often, but there is that pain in the a..s, i.e. work.
Regards and keep up the good work

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very well, my son, you too are vindicated for possible injury to your nose. Roll Eyes Please endeavor to remain awake long enough to make that post! Wink If I may ask, what "Holidays" are being celebrated down your way at this time?

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
The 10th of march I am leaving after red stags !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will also beat the argentinians playing cards at the camp by night...as usaual. Big Grin

L

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick: here it is summer, hot and humid and people goes to the seaside resorts searching refuge from the furnace which Buenos Aires turns in sometimes. Also, is "holiday" time for most workers, like your July and August.

Anyway, here is Gus work:

SD AND PENETRATION

“An issue I would like to comment on is sectional density, which some of your respectable writers often relate to penetration on game. In other words, they seem to regard this simple caliber/weight ratio as a “magic number†directly related to penetration characteristics.
I will affirm that there is no scientific evidence of that fact. Period. No matter how much a writer prays over this, penetration is the offspring of kinetic energy and bullet construction. Without KE a bullet is unable to perform its intended job, and in order to penetrate what is required is tough bullet construction.
At impact about 40 percent of the bullet´s KE is applied to deform it, with the remaining 60 percent going to overcome the resistance of hide and bone, a necessary condition to reach the vital organs. There are enough published tests on penetration that demonstrate that the bullets most likely to achieve a higher level of penetration are the solid ones, being followed by the so-called premium bullets like the Barnes X and Nosler Partition.
Curiously enough, these tests also show that bullets with higher SD don´t penetrate more than their more rugged counterparts. Believe the facts, not me. SD is just a design ratio, no more no less, with zero statistical correlation to penetration.
Please, for the sake of truth, do not confuse readers by “selling†wrong facts backed by nothing more than speculation. No serious textbook on ballistics relates SD to penetration....â€

And a pretty controversial issue it is, I very much will appreciate to know if he still has this point of view. Smiler

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote