THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    What to do in Argentina from June 29 to July 9??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do in Argentina from June 29 to July 9??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not sure if this is the best forum, "Big Game," but I will be arriving in Sao Paulo June 29th to visit my Brazilian woman and we haven't really figured out the remainder of our trip. Part of this trip could be to travel into Argentina and do a little bird hunting.

I have one very basic question and then may have more questions based on the answer...anyway: is the dove hunting any good that time of year?

A couple of other questions would include:

Is the duck hunting any good that time of year?
Is there any other type of hunting that is any good that time of year?
If the answer to any of these questions should be yes, then where would these hunts take place?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reed: dove hunting is the best in the world. Period. You arrive in the middle of the duck season, which also is bar none. And the big game season in most places is also going strong. Look at previous posts in this forum. In most places, the big game season comprises March 15th to July 15th.
Good luck

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nainital,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand about the quality of dove hunting but is dove hunting in early July considered the worst time of year, average, or perhaps even good to very good?

Is late season duck hunting more difficult like it is in the US sometimes? Any other issues with duck season there at that time of year?

"Big game still going strong" in early July seems counter to what little I've picked up on seasons while reading other threads.

With the size of the country is it better to consider certain regions over others for that time of year?

Lastly, is there an outfitter that is considered to be better located/setup for that time of year vs. others?

Thanks again,

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reed: doves and ducks number jillions here because usually the native hunters don´t shoot them. Plus, the last year and the present one brought big rains, thus the birds reproduced in quantities previously unknown. And big game is still going strong in late June because you have hog hunting the whole year plus the exotics, dama and axis deer and what not. In some places the red stag season may have ended, but that´s all. I´d select a central location, i.e. Córdoba, La Pampa or Santiago del Estero Provinces for your destination, in order to be near every kind of trophy you want. Wink
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We hunt doves year round ,parrots and pidgeons, there are ducks in july hog hunting is year round too ,3 days ago trglodyte fand his brother killed some excellent boars,,Aaron Grabiel killed one with his bow too ,Billinthewild is here now so you can came you are among friends.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote