Notify
Tools

Soma Asado Help!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi Guys,

While we were hunting in Argentina last June I came accross an indoor asdo grill. It fitted in a BBQ in the kitchen and had a series of chains that were used to raise or lower it. I was really keen on this peice of equipment but unfortunately I lost the website for the shopp from which they bought it.

Would nayone be able to help me and redirect me to somewhere I can buy a peice of equipment like this, that I can get shipped to the UK.

I want to put it into a brick built BBQ in the garden thatwill double up as a smoker.

Thanks and regards,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, please look at this page. I may translate if needed.
Good luck
http://hogar-21.com.ar/parrillas.html

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Wish I was closer to London if you get that asado. I am in Arizona; it is now 6 p.m. and I have a parrilla going in the back. Chicken and short ribs. Slow and sure. As you, when I was in Argentina I really enjoyed their style of grilling and am doing my best to duplicate it here. I would think if you have a wrought iron shop over there they could duplicate one for you. And don't forget the Argentine wine...

Ricardo. Those parrillas sure looked fine. And I think the ones we use here for cooking over mesquite are quite similar. I gave one away last year......now I wish I had it back.

What also works well, is to take a 55 gallon steel drum and have it cut in half, and legs welded on. Then a grill made to sit on the top. Put a good layer of gravel inside. It works great. Had one of those as well and gave it away when I moved. But easy to get another......

2020 lefty

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Naintal,

Thanks for the link, it is exactly what I am after.
Does it give a price and dimensions for this one? Also does it say how high it will go above the base?

I would also beinterested in knowing if this is available and how long it is:

If the information isn't on the site I can call them and try to ask myself.

Thanks again, FB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fallow Buck: I´ve just phoned them. The first grill is priced at $ 205 (about 65 dollars). It measures 65 centimeters in total height, with the side basket for wood or coal measuring 50 x 30 centimeters. The steel sheet measures 55 x 45 centimeters. The grill can be elevated 35 centimeters over its initial position.
The second grill showed in your post is not available until Cristhmas and is priced at argentine pesos 690 (some 230 dollars). The inner shaft measures 1 meter and you should add 15 centimeters in each side for securing it to the walls. There is a little motor (included in the price) which rotates the whole shaft.
Regarding Bill´s 55 gallon drum, my daughter has one and a very good idea it is. She cut the drum in two an basculated the upper portion, thus allowing it to be shut over the grill if more heat is needed. Perhaps we could show you how to cook a "pechito de cerdo" Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Naintal,

Thanks so much for your help. I might give them a call next week and see if I can get one sent over

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fallow Buck: I forgot to mention that during the phone call I asked if they export merchandise. The lady in charge said nope. Thus you should seek someone here to do the required paperwork for sending the goods to you. Unfortunately I´m too busy to do that, moreover is not my field of expertise. Good luck in your quest, perhaps you may look for another dealer or better yet the factory who sells to them (and which I couldn´t know)..
Regards

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fallow Buck: I remembered that my good friend Mr. Marcelo Rosenbaum lives in Sheffield. He is an engineer and used to deal in all kinds of metallic stuff. Tell him that you are related to Ricardo, the bridge player in Buenos Aires. Unfortunately I don´t have his phone number, he migrated a certain number of years ago, but for sure he can help, I do imagine even fabricate the grill.
Good luck

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Naintal,

Thanks for all your help. I will take the photos and give them to a freind to try and make one for me.

Best regards,
FB