Find
Notify
Tools

Our amigo Guillermo in New Mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Well now, Guillermo came to spend a bit of time with this old dog in Arizona and I dragged him off to New Mexico to hunt pronghorn. And a fine time we had.....a few pictures for you, and he will write up the story when he gets home. I sure will miss him when he is gone....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Guillermo! Thanks for posting the pictures Bill. I'll be handgun hunting pronghorn next month in Wyoming, so the pictures help pump me up! It's been 20 years since I last hunted pronghorn.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Carolina,USA | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Ken.....a long time for me as well..tough getting drawn in Arizona...landowner permits are easy to get in NM but pricey....
by the way, I put an Ultra Dot on my 10.5 Blackhawk and it sure does work well.

Do you have any of Gary Reeder's guns? I am taking Guillermo to the Grand Canyon today (on the train from Williams) and thought we would stop at Reeder's as we go through Flagstaff so he can look at his work.

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done Bill and Guillermo.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guillermo and Bill

Congratulations for both of you!
That is an awesome pronghorn…
Guillermo must be very happy; you can notice a slight smile in his tough hunters face (picture 2) and the effort the hunt demanded in picture 4.
Of course a quick recover will be achieved after a beer and a hamburger? Or rather I would advise a good shot of Scotch!
By the way Guillermo, don’t be mean with your friends and bring a Kentucky Bourbon with…
I am very happy to share this good moment with you my friends.

Willy

Posts: 74 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Well done !!! tu2

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I don't Bill. I've handled many of Gary's guns over the years, but don't own any.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Carolina,USA | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great looking goats, congrats to the both of you.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great trophy ,well done my friends .We are waiting for the rifle caliber shooting conditions etc .Please mantain us informed .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good goats guys!

Congrats.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Nice goats, espccially the one in the first three photos!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I am Guillermo, from Billinthewild, thanks to all my friends for your nice words, very busy now dealing with very difficult USF&W & USDA bureaucrats to export my trophy to Argentina; more soon when I arrive. Many thanks to all. Guille

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
The complete hunting post on American Big Game forum. K.R. G1

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote