Find
Notify
Tools

Goat jerky recipes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone got one?

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
You're kidding, right? lol If you're serious go to the Lebanese neighborhood in Sydney.....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say use any recipie that calls for venison.

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
You're kidding, right? lol If you're serious go to the Lebanese neighborhood in Sydney.....

Big Grin Big Grin

Mate, I want to make goat jerky - not learn how to root the bloody things lol cheers

Kweber, thanks, I kinda thought that, but figured there might be a difference as a result of the lighter 'flavour' and sweetness of goat...

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
C'mon Pete even an average root with a goat would be better than one with your ex-wife Wink Wink

Go to www.stevespages.com He has some jerky recipes you can make in the oven at home - nine differant ones from memory.

My salami maker butcher man tells me that goat meat is just the bees knees for sausages and salami and biersticks. Not a stinky old billygoat obviously but a nice eating-type young one. Next time we mass-murder some goats we will try it out .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
C'mon Pete even an average root with a goat would be better than one with your ex-wife Wink Wink

Muzza, even a bad root with a goat.... Hey!! Sounds like you're talking from personal experience!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No wuckers, everyone needs a benchmark... and I'll bet that now you appreciate your sheep Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks for the link to stevespages... a wealth of info... I might try the last couple of recipes he has - I'm not real keen on 'smoke flavour' as an additive...

Cheers mate - I'll get over to your side of the ditch as soon as I can...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
do you guys in the So. Hemishere have hardwoods simular to our oak and mesquite? some here also use pecan, apple, hickory and other fruit trees.real smoke for me.edit, BBQed goat is a favorite here in SW TX.

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Popular smoking wood here in NZ is called manuka. Its a tea-tree scrubby shrubby sorta tree that is an early coloniser on abandoned or unfertilized hill country . Its pretty good for smokinf fish anyway . otherwise you can buy packs of various wood sawdust for smoking - redwood is ok too. I dont think we tend to smoke meats as much as you guys in the States do.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote