1 can apple pie filling, mashed or diced in the can
1 medium apple, diced fine
1 package yellow cake mix
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup self rising flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Mix dry ingredients first, then mix wet ingredients into it. Blend or mix with mixer.
Pour into two (2) greased and floured bread pans
Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top
Bake 45-55 minutes, or until done and a toothpick comes out clean

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
When you do, Bill, please post the results (pics too)! tu2

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I will follow up. It might take a coupla days, as we are pretty frozen up right now in this part of Texas.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uh, it sounds delicious!
When you do, please overnight some to me! haha

From the sound of the ingredients, I'd love it so I'd better try to make some for myself.

Thanks,
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, we are pretty frozen here as well. Sounds like a good recipe, I'll give it a try. Kinda similar to my recipe for Peaches + Cream Pie. I'll have to share that one again. You take that one to a gathering + it's the 1st thing gone. We have a "pie social" in South Austin every year put on by a wonderful lady hat is President of a Museum that I am involved with. We bring 2 pies, 1 to sell + 1 to eat. I generally bring 4. 2 peaches + cream or my buttermilk, or pecan + 2 savories in a Quiché Lorraine. I built a 4 layer stainless steel pie caddy that make it easy to bring in the pies, as the event is always crowded, + one has to walk a bit.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pulled out my cookbook, "Sweetie Pies". Let me give you a bit of history here. I am involved in several book clubs with local stores here in Austin + at one of our meetings one of the ladies in charge informed me that they had a new book represented to them, but was not out in print yet, so thus not for sale; however, as they were not really interested, I could have it. O.K., Price was right. It is a very fine book of recipes for pies from colored ladies of the south, along with stories of where the recipes came from. Good reading + good eating. FWIW, the ISBN# is -13:978-1-56158-848-0. Actually, I intend to pass on + more on to my friend, Bill/Oregon to print the recipe of the peaches + cream for me, if he doesn't mind. More later! Bill, sorry for saying before asking, but it is a great recipe.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Slightly off topic. I've come up with a new poll we need to start. GUESS BILL'S WEIGHT. I swear to God with all his posts on food, restaurants, and recipes, that man must weigh 400 pounds. I'll start. My guess is 452..........468 after a weekend.

My problem in trying to lose ten pounds is that I always gain weight just reading his posts.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Requires four eggs! That'll put some of you in the poor house. Wink

Sounds like a delicious and easy recipe.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote