Find
Notify
Tools

Marmalade & bloody Americans
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Jeez but I wish the bloody Americans hadn't invented their own bastardised version of gallons etc and hadn't developed such a sweet tooth.

I've just spent half the fuckin' afternoon of my 54th birthday making lime & orange marmalade and it didn't even occur to me to use US quarts of water instead of imperial quarts or that the Yanks like sweet marmalade. I'm British by birth & English by the grace of God...... for God's sake. We use Imperial gallons, proper quarts and like our marmalade to bite back!

The end result is I've ended up with umpteen jars of lime & orange flavoured toffee that I can't even get out of the damn jars!!! Confused

Go on, laugh you bastards!!!!!!

animal rotflmo jumping rotflmo animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
package it label it sent it to me!!!! Use poor American know what good food is. Thats why we kicked the dam brits out and brought in good Swiss, Swedish and French cooks along with Africans so we would have to worlds best Bar B que you would figure after all those years walking around the planet you would learn how to measure when your cooking!!!!!!!!!!! shocker
by the way happy birth day you freaking wanker wish I was there to spanky you with a hammmer Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I promise I'm not laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not I'm rolling in the floor in histerics and everyone in the coffee shop think I'm crazy!!!!!! jumping jumping rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

this is a birthday greeting for you buddy moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate, it's gone so hard it's fuckin' bulletproof...... there's no way on God's earth anyone is ever gonna get any out of the damn jars!

animal animal animal animal animal animal

Thanks for your best wishes and I'll be raising a glass to absent friends tonight and hope that you'll do likewise! tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And by the way is it our fault you can't cook??????????? shocker shocker shockeryour cooking and it's someone else's fault when did you become a democrate?????? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i will drink one or 12 to you my friend. not to get personal but are you going to get some birthday nooky jumping sofa sofa

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Let's hope so! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe she will give you some sympathy nooky. rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
One thing she won't be giving me is praise for my marmalade!! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so your not using it like whip cream and licking it off then tender parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
save it we'll use it for bush pig bait animal

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
save it we'll use it for bush pig bait animal

We could club them to death with it! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good idea shove some sticks in it we'll sell it as rungu's rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Won't shove anything into it my friend.... it literally is as hard as cement..... I'm gonna have to throw the jars into the trash along with the toffee! homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dam, Holmer I thought you knew how to cook???????????? jumping boil it till it's soft enough to get out of the jars save the jars and then leave the cooking to Susan. That way she can get unchained from the PC your a freaking slave driver Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
P'raps I could rename it marmacrete? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
make marbles out of it. Then you could play in the dirt and not get put in the nut house dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IDEA!!!!! IDEA!!!! IDEA!!! will booze sofen it???????? it sofened your brain. I know thats true Susan said it was so it has to be rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OOOOOOOPPPPPPSS she corrected me it was not your brain that went soft it was something else jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
Heat it up mix it with bourbon or alcohol of choice. I just prefer bourbon. It makes a great baste for pork.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
heat it up, drop it in a barrel, and drop in som cuvee yeast!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38527 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeep it would make a great glaze for a porker slow cooked/smoked over to good mahogany. speeking of that the mahogany we get in eastern africa and great flavor to meat

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I managed to nuke it out of the jars and have just now finished a second, improved batch with 30% less water and 50% less sugar and it's now cooling...... certainly looks and smells a lot better than the marmacrete. Eeker

I have kept some of first batch and will try using it as suggested for pork....... thanks for idea! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trust me when I say it will work good. I know a thing or two about overcooking and or screwing up the ratios on marmalde. Instead of a nice orange it did indeed look like toffee. Couldnt eat it on toast but nuked and mixed with liberal amounts of bourban it did several pigs on the spit.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mike,

You're right it went helluva nice on pork!! beer

I've also frozen the rest for future use. tu2

Oh and I cut back on the sugar and water on the second batch and that also is bloody nice!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cut back on the Dam single Malt while your cooking might help tooooooooo rotflmothat stuff screws up your judgement moon sofa

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Don't be silly. Cut back on the malt.... whatever next!

They don't call it the water of life for nothing you know! rotflmo

Truth be told, I haven't had a whisky for bloody ages. I've got so many damn limes at the moment, I feel honour bound to drink gin and tonic or vodka martini etc that I can put lime juice cubes in. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NO NO say it an't so have you lost your freaking mind man NO single malt!!!! some on call a doctor quick a the man is sick

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've gotta say, I quite enjoy a dry vodka martini or even a tequila occasionally. They don't have the subtleties of a good malt whisky but they make a pleasant change. beer

I'm not a great fan of G&T though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
vodka makes me want to breed large boned hairy women and tequilla make me want to fight or
f$%#k some one and I don't care who. used to do both to my exwife at the same time !!! she hated tequilla rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I always used to hate tequila but it was because I didn't know how to mix it etc..... then I shared a camp with some hunters and the wife of one of them mixed me a proper margarita.... and it suddenly became very drinkable like that. beer

Reckon I owe that nice lady a vote of thanks! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I hope these two previous posts don't mean that the two of you were drinking margaritas out in the Ugandan bush! Eeker

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote