Find
Notify
Tools

Fancy A Lion Or Tiger Steak?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Not on your life!

I will stick to proper meat, from bloody animals!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Not appealing to me, either, Saeed. Something about this just ... ain't ... right ... barf

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
City people will eat that shit up.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The level of stupid people never ceases to amaze me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No thanks! And I won't eat cats!

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fake is fake. Disgusting!

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What I don’t understand is, as all these meats are fakes, how can they say they are from one animal or another?

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are made in the lab from protein tissue cell lines from the animals. So, no animals are sacrificed. I knew a fellow once who used to trap rabbits as a teenager for sale to restaurants (legal then). He said he would catch a number of feral cats and it was amazing how much they resembled (skinned out) and tasted like rabbits!

Posts: 3684 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I think most of you can understand this. There is a big difference in the taste of food that was raised in the great outdoors compared to such raised in an industrial setting.

Lab created meats, hydroponic and high tunnel vegetables, battery eggs, factory fish, and enclosed poultry houses will never produce the same flavorful food as that raised in rain, sunshine, real dirt, fed real food and a summer breeze.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The difference between real meat and these manufactured junk is almost as much as the difference between normal humans and lawyers! clap

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
The difference between real meat and these manufactured junk is almost as much as the difference between normal humans and lawyers!

fishing fishing fishing Damn, Saeed, you never give up! Always trolling us lawyers! rotflmo clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
I ate the backstraps out of a Mt. Lion once..It was good btw, and at the time we were horse back and temporarily lost in the Sierra del Carmens of Norther Mexico for about 4 or 5 days, not too concerned wth being sorta lost but got pretty hungry...Id eat it again if the circumstances demanded it.. meats meat gents..Javalina in the Big Bend of Texas is plain nasty, the Javalina in te lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas is Delissios..Texas whitetail taste much better than Texas Mule deer, Ive eaten both good and bad Zebra, it mostly depends on the animals diet as to their taste..Oh did I mention I love Menudo!!! jumping

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
What a waste of intelligence.

One could use that technology to grow human tissue using a patient's own cells to replace muscles damaged in an accident or by disease.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5116 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
What a waste of intelligence.

One could use that technology to grow human tissue using a patient's own cells to replace muscles damaged in an accident or by disease.

Agreed!

We have no need for fake food.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Javelina are good eating if you care for them in the field correctly. If you want to eat it, the first thing is to skin out the scent sac on the back even before you gut it. And don't cut it, just skin it out. It resembles an udder on a doe, so it's not hard. But get that away from the meat asap.

Then either change knives or wash your original one thoroughly. Gut and skin the animal. Then take a shower with flea soap.

After that, I used to marinate in red wine and insert cloves and it was pretty good. But I'm older now and don't like fleas. So I pretty much leave them alone.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ray, I like Menudo too. As well as tasting good it is the traditional Mexican hangover cure; works too. I recall a few years ago when the government was wasting our tax dollars on a study to find out that the enzymes in cattle intestines actually opened the capillaries in the brain + reduced headaches. I wonder how many millions they spent to figure out what the Mexicans already knew. 2020

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Javalina in the big bend area feed on sotol and dagger plants and are not very good, Javalina on the other side of Sanderson have a different diet and they taste great...Only have eaten the young ones..

I grew up shooting Javalina for 25 cents each set of ears as the bit holes in our miles of plastic pipe to watering livestock and deer etc..The deer also taste stronger in that area, both muleys and coues..and the del carmine species, named by SCI and a gun writer, when in fact they are just a coues, hog nosed dee, or flag tail, depending on location..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given that a good part of a steak is texture and fat, I can’t see a pile of undifferentiated muscle cells as being very good eating. Protein? Sure, but not steak or any other normal cut of meat.

Then again, I’m not particularly fond of tenderloin as it lacks a lot of texture. It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but a ribeye or NY strip is more to my liking, and I am not keen on the premium for fillet.

As to Ray’s point re javelina- it’s very valid that what the animal eats makes a difference on the table… the only javelina I shot the meat stunk like it was musky and I couldn’t stand to eat it.

The best deer I ever shot was in a rye field. That thing was tasty!

Posts: 10634 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote