THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Super easy chicken + gravy slow cooker

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super easy chicken + gravy slow cooker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
In your crock pot mix 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 2 cups of water, 2 pkgs of chicken gravy mix, garlic, salt, + pepper to taste. When that sauce is blended, put in your boneless (sorry Ann) chicken breasts + cook on low for 8 hours, then add 1 cup of sour cream, mix, then top with green onions + serve over mashed potatoes. I know; it sounds like a fat pill but is very good. Smiler

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell1

Everything is from a can.

Why not put canned chicken in too! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66995 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!

Let me recommend cooking a turkey breast in a slow cooker. It comes out great, tender and moist. And, you have a huge amount of drippings for gravy.

Gravy.... dancing

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Bloody hell1

Everything is from a can.

Why not put canned chicken in too! clap

Canned chicken is already cooked.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
put in your boneless (sorry Ann) chicken breasts + cook on low for 8 hours

Randy, boneless and skinless chicken is a 'never' for me. You are removing the best nutrients from the chicken by doing this. So, in such a recipe as this, I would use thighs and legs as the bones would be easy to remove.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, in my opinion ALL recipes that we see are subject to change; we only are offered an intro so that we can do variations on a theme. Personal case in point tonight: Our neighbor Marie brought us a plate of walnut rum balls for Christmas + Linda asked for the recipe + tonight started her own + was thinking of aterations so I told her to go ahead + use your imagination; that's how great new recipes are born.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, as an addendum; as I have said before about raising my 3 sons by myself I learned to cook. Along with many other meals I used to make chicken+ dumpling soup. In those days they did not come in cut up parts; you bought a whole chicken. I got them off to school, put the chicken in the crock pot, came back at 3:00, boned the chicken + added the veggies to the broth then went + picked up the kids from school (after building fires in the wood stoves so it would be warm when we got home). My crock pot at the time was a model that you could take the top off of the base + the base was oven friendly, so 30 minutes before supper time I would take the removable crock, cover the top with biscuits + pop in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Juices come up from the bottom to moisten the biscuits + the tops are golden brown. Sorry, what got me on this walk down cooking memory lane was the idea of the boning chickens. When I told my mother about how I was doing this her only reply was,"Let the kids pick their own bones out of he soup!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, for sure glory days for you. From what I have seen in things you have written on AR your family came out great due to your dedicated efforts. Even though I am a very good cook I find men who enjoy cooking and like to cook very attractive. It shows me they have a genuine interest in life and one sure cannot survive without eating so why not eat well and take part in the process?

Now, on alterations to recipes. Of course, yes! We all have personal preferences in what we like in food such as seasonings, etc. Damn if I could survive a day without garlic and salt. Nope! Big Grin Some folks gotta have peppers so hot I wouldn't be able to taste food for a week but they thrive on them.

The rum balls sound decadent.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are Ann, I'll send you the recipe!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I emailed you the recipe.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Looks like a recipe well worth tweaking, Randy.
Have to admit my cooking jones is on ice right now because I lost my sense of taste about a month ago. Been tested three times for Covid and all negative. On antibiotics just in case it is nasal/sinus related. I sure hope this proves temporary. I don't even dare use a salt shaker.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I hope you're feeling a little better. I'll forward you the recipe + this morning I mailed you the article from the newspaper about the 3 mile shot.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Gracias amigo!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I have just posted the rum ball recipe on this site as I saw no point in repeating it over + over from the requests. P.M. me with any questions. Be well, Brother. R.