Find
Notify
Tools

Super Easy chicken recipe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Just got this one + it is super easy. Ingredients are 4-8 bone-in chicken thighs, 1- 8 oz. bottle of French Dressing, 1 pkg. of Lipton onion soup mix, + 1 small jar of apricot preserves. Mix the ingredients in a bowl + put your chicken in a pyrex + cover with the mixture + bake uncovered in a preheated oven @ 350 for 1- 1.5 hrs. I know the ingredients flavor combo sounds weird but they do blend together. Something different to try. Enjoy!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Randy, that has an Asian flair to it IMO. Kind of sweet/sour maybe? I bet rice would be a great side dish to this!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, surprisingly it was not the sweet + sour one would think. What I made as a side was new potatoes coated in olive oil then dusted with Italian seasoning + powdered garlic + baked for 1 hr. @ 350. It was a great complementary flavor.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Randy. tu2 As for me, I would try it with rice. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vaughn, Indeed! Live! I like rice ALMOST as as well as I like potatoes, but both are a good addition with a green vegetable side. I must say that it makes good leftovers too.