Find
Notify
Tools

It cooled off around here
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
So I sat outside and enjoyed my cocktail while this cooked.

Kebobs: Meat from the farm- 2.5 year-old ram that I butchered, onions and tomatoes from my garden. I marinated kebob stuff in simple Italian type dressing and seasoned with Cavender's.

Jalapenos also from my garden. Damn, those poppers were GOOD. Leftovers for lunch.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are still giving our usual get together twice a week.

Crispy duck last night.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn! That looks good.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a house guest much of last week and I grilled like this most evenings. Much more enjoyable on cooler evenings to enjoy the sounds of the crickets and watch the sun go down outdoors.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, send some of that cool our way, we are still in triple digits. Glad you are experiencing a break in the temps.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Ann, send some of that cool our way, we are still in triple digits. Glad you are experiencing a break in the temps.

Hopefully, y'all cool off soon. Need rain desperately here for pastures.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We do too, not just for the pastures but also for all the folks moving in here + the powers that be having no concept of supplying water to all the new transplants, along with us who are already here.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ann, I grilled my first popper on a Traeger probably a dozen years ago and have loved them ever since, although I usually stick with a small sausage or a shrimp in the center.
Glad you are getting a weather break. Ours finally came last night -- an inch and one half of rain and temp in the mid-60s this morning -- at least 10 degrees cooler than in months. Unsettled weather remains in our forecast for several more days, and I hope this means we have seen the last of the triple digits in 2023.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, what are temps like in your neck of the woods in your fall and winter?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, yes, some sausage also works wonderful in a popper. One of my friends makes them with a little cream cheese and adds a 'little smokie' sausage then wraps in bacon. Pretty darn good!

Glad you also got some rain and relief from some heat. It's been very dry here too. There was 3/10ths in my gauge last night but all that does is get the dust off the tree tops. It was nice listening to the gentle rain to go to sleep to.

~Ann