THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Nice variation on stuffed Hatch green chiles

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice variation on stuffed Hatch green chiles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
May have to try this very soon. I have done jalapeño poppers with shrimp in the stuffing and they are very good.

https://mymidlifekitchen.com/r...shrimp-hatch-chiles/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill, that looks great. I'll have to try it. Our HEB stores are packed with the Hatch chilis right now.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought all the ingredients today to cook manana night. Will report!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Randy. I might just try this tonight myself.
Take my mind off the covid incident at work ...

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made a subtle appeal to my wife. I told her this recipe combines some of my favorite things; bacon, her, shrimp, and Hatch Chiles.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Ken!

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds simply fantastic! Please report back on any efforts at making them!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, you are a silver-tongued devil. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
There are several companies that offer frozen Roasted Hatch Green Chile via air freight. Not cheap, but it is our source since we no longer go out to NM every year.
They can then be peeled and stuffed or whatever.

We peel them, place in an oven proof pan, sprinkle with garlic powder, place good medium or sharp cheddar on them and place in broiler until the cheese is melted or browned.
That is all we eat for a meal . . . . . green, spice, dairy . . . CHILE sounds like a complete meal to me.

Can make a great Green Chile venison stew with them too.

Stuff with cheese and cooked hamburger also.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I caught hell from my wife. She noticed I put bacon first. I think I'm sleeping on the couch.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saturday I'm having Hatch Chile-wrapped-wild hog sausage in a flour tortilla w/chimichurri. My variation of an Argentinian choripan. https://www.saveur.com/argentinian-style-choripan/ (Hatch green chile is like bacon; add it to anything and it makes it better.)

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh, that choripan recipe looks unbelievably good. The main challenge here would be to find chorizo that measures up, followed by really good bread for the bun.
I have yet to locate a decent charcuterie/meat counter that makes a good chorizo. The two most common versions are the Johnsonville ground chorizo that is not in link form, and some hideous product in a small chub that is actually made of lymph nodes. Heck, I had access to really great chorizo links at a meat counter in a small grocery store in the now-Communist city of Portland, Oregon. I'll bet I could find something in Cruces or El Paso ...

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
That reminds me... I still have a 1 pound pack of roasted hatch chiles in freezer and a pack of hog burger. Thanks for the reminder everyone.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken that sounds great, I'll have to try it....alone. I had great results on the stuffed chilis recipe last night. Wonderful flavor, + good combo with the bacon + shrimp, + we both loved it + I had no later issues but my wife was up all morning running to the loo while grumbling June + Johnny Cash's song, Burning ring of fire.