Find
Notify
Tools

Smoker help - Brinkman Mr Meat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I have an old Brinkman Mr. Meat smoker. Have not used it in years and lost the book. It is electric and it still works. Any suggestions on use and timing for trout? I assume soaked wood chips on the flat plate, and water in the bowl, but would appreciate some suggestions. bewildered

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Bill, Here is their web site. Try contacting them.

http://www.brinkmann.net/

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. I did write them last week and no reply. I'll try once more.....

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to use a Little Chef smoker for salmon and trout and it worked great. I used fresh alder and rotated the meat every two hours and it usually took about 12 hrs to get it right in above freezing temps. Below freezing it took FOREVER since it was not insulated. I have also used apple and hickory too and it is a nice flavor. There was also a brown sugar, salt and picklespice brine I've used with some success too.

Good luck!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will try the sausage site, and using some alder or apple wood. Brinkman never wrote back.....two tries.... thumbdown

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Did you call the 800 number?

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That all depends on the size of the trout and the temp. When smoking smaller pieces of salmon (1/2 lb) around 200 degrees it only takes about an hour in my (gas) smoker when ambient temp is 30 to 70 degrees, longer when its colder. A friend smokes trout in his electric smoker for approximately 4-6 hrs depending on size.