Find
Notify
Tools

doves in a barbecue
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
We put the breast of the doves in brochettes with onoins ,and tomatoes and a bit of bacon over the breast cook in in the barbecue for a few minutes and will taste a delicious meat ,we always do this while hunting with our clients.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
We always do them with minced garlic in olive oil a butterflied jalapeno (seeds removed) a little cilantro then wrapped in bacon and grilled.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cold
posted Hide Post
we take 2 dove breasts, stick a slide fo cheese between them with a Jalapeano pepper slice ontop the cheese, then wrape a slice of bacon around the 2 dove breasts and slide a toothpick in th emniddle holding the contents togeather, grill it on a nie slow flame, and bam, is it ever tasty!

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Smoke/grill basting with good sweet and sour and serve with rice and sause. Damnit now i'm
hungry,going to clean the 16. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's a brochette?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Max503
Posted 18 September 2005 05:48
What's a brochette?

I had a brochette once, but I broke it or someone stole it or somethin. You guys are on to some good eatin though!!

Invader,

You're not using a 16 ga on those poor little dove birds are you??.....that's why god created the 28ga!!!

#1 son and I were forced to defend ourselves on 19 separate occasions yesterday from these attack prone doves which we did successfully with the 28ga. 2 others were fired upon unsuccessfully and they were last seen headed for Texas and safe heaven!! Good luck with them if they show up down there!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Max503:
What's a brochette?

en bro·chette Listen: [ ä brô-sht ]
adv.
On a skewer:

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Baboon, I hope you didn't eat the brochette, it tastes terrible , worse than spinach !! thumbdown

One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cold:
we take 2 dove breasts, stick a slide fo cheese between them with a Jalapeano pepper slice ontop the cheese, then wrape a slice of bacon around the 2 dove breasts and slide a toothpick in th emniddle holding the contents togeather, grill it on a nie slow flame, and bam, is it ever tasty!
That sounds awesome, I'll have to try it. Thanks cold!

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote