Find
Notify
Tools

Smokers.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes + he is already missed. Via Con Dios Gato.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If anyone needs oak, hickory, or pecan, SW GA is buried under tons of it after Hurricane Michael. I could easily supply multiple semis if you want it for free.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would love to have some. My ex-daughter in law lives right outside of Atlanta in Woodstock.She comes up here periodically as her dad is in a chemo unit + is a short timer. That being said,although we all get along that would seem a bit crass of a suggestion. I like the offer though. Glad you made it through.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My reply to your reply! I humble myself to your superiority, and beg forgiveness, however I must remain true to my beloved Mesquite, its the cowboy way!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that Mesquite is hard to beat,but as a cook I always feel free license to continue to try different recipes/woods/etc.That's why they make Fords + Chevys,eh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a handle mill down the road, all they saw is hickory, cut it into 1x1 and 2x2 blanks for handles and drumsticks. They generally have a young mountain of cutoffs 4" to 10" long next to a mountain of sawdust. I don't know of a barbeque pit anywhere within 50 miles that cooks with anything else, they'll sell it to you for $5 per front-loader bucket or give it away if you load it yourself, and still have to burn the pile every few months.

A pile of hickory coals 200 feet long and 15 high is seriously impressive.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir! Now that would set a man up for a while in the smoking business.My neighbor collects the sawdust from the local cabinet shops + sells it for horse bedding.When he gets more than he can sell he brings over trailer loads + we spread it on the pasture + just let it break down. Good compost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Yes Sir! Now that would set a man up for a while in the smoking business.My neighbor collects the sawdust from the local cabinet shops + sells it for horse bedding.When he gets more than he can sell he brings over trailer loads + we spread it on the pasture + just let it break down. Good compost.

When they burn the cut-off pile there's coals for a week or more; you could barbeque an elephant and two hippos on that patch of ground. I've always kinda wanted to bag up the sawdust to sell to barbeque restaurants in deprived parts of the Country without hickory.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And just think what a community service you would be rendering.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Has Gato passed away? I was not aware of this and it saddens me deeply, he was a good guy.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True Ray,yes he did + yes he was.He will be missed.