Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone out there like italian subs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Where's and who's your favorite sub shop.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Potbelly's is the best.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, the Reuben at Tony's looks to die for. I wish Montgomery weren't "such a fur piece."

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16400 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Palmetto Subs here in SC have great Italian subs. Lettuce and onions sliced like angel hair. Plenty of "juice"and delicious meats. Also, the bread thickness is in the "Goldilocks Zone". Their Kosher half-pickles are to die for.

Posts: 3682 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. If Anyone ever visits the Hershey PA (chocolate world, antique car show, etc.) let me know. We have two great places for subs. Both are great yet different on style.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
https://masseyspizza.com/about-us/

There is the Guido Italian sub and a meatball sub with cheese. The pepperoni pizza is always voted best in Columbus, Ohio by the peoples poll for about 20 years running. The darling media idiots always pick some goat cheese cauliflower crust junk.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Tony’s, especially the original location

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Lots of great places out there. Hope to try one or two of the above. Just had a local sub yesterday. Yum.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
No more italian sub fans out there?

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Guess not. Thanks gentlemen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years back we were at Scottsdale (Arizona) Gun Club, to Rich for me. We went just across the street to a sub shop we saw a sign for.
By the door was a sign saying "Best Sub in Arizona". Made a comment about it and an old guy wiping outside tables pulled out a wad of cash, spoke up saying if it wasn’t the best sub we ever ate he would give us our money back.
As we finished our sandwiches he comes back, "How much do I owe you?"
Nothing, best ever.

Six months later we go back, can’t find it, nobody had heard it. The location we thought it was was a field with old growth mesquite and creosote bushes.
We must of had lunch in Brigadoon.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of a place we stopped on I-81 in New York state while en route to my favorite fishing lake in Ontario CA. It was grocerette midway up NY only a mile from the interstate that made the best subs. Then the third time I went there 4 years after the last they were nowhere in sight, gone. Some other business moved in. A very sad day. I asked about them at the huge gas station next to the highway and the young lady had no clue about the place. So, I asked if she knows where I can get a really good italian sub. She pointed to the Subway across the road. I passed on the subway. Their rolls are not a real italian roll. Plus, a bit skimpy on the contents too. Good news is I found a great burger place in a makeshift train depot about 45 minutes north.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Anyone in the area of Harrisburg/Hershey, look up Hoageez sub shop. Great Italian rolls from Philadelphia, sliced to order, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about subs, but Katz's Deli made a fantastic Reuben. Almost as good as mine. Big Grin

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RANDY,RANDY,RANDY----Guess What----Rubens are NOT Italian!!! Big Grin archer killpc

Hip

P.S. My opinion is that if you get away from the New York City area Italian Food goes south rather quickly!

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh well, neither am I; but then again, I'm not Jewish either. Wink

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago while visiting Mystic Seaport in Conn. my wife and I visited a 5 Star rated restaurant nearby.

Much less than 100mi. (as the crow flies) from my home on Long Island.

We both were vary disappointed and felt the food was bland! Confused

Hip

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Italian subs should be in their own class. A must (for my taste) is imported capocolla ham from Italy and a vinagrette made special for subs. Basic oil and vinegar just misses the mark. That ham is virtually impossible to find in a grocery store ever since Covid-19.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The chain Jersey Mikes makes a very good Italian sub.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote