New
Find
Notify
Tools

grams-tablespoon conversion
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Does anyone know how many tablespoons 200 grams of sugar would be?

TIA

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
just answered my own question

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/gram_calc.htm

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would be better if you learned to cook without recipies ! Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are times when you must measure, baking comes to mind. For those instances a scale is a must. It's a little risky converting weight to volume.

the chef

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
What I'm doing is trying to figure out a yogurt recipe I've come up with.

If you use one can of sweetened condensed milk and add enough 2% milk to make 1 liter, it makes a terrific yogurt. Rather than using condensed milk I'd like to use just sugar and powdered milk. A 14 oz can has 10 servings, and each serving has 22g of sugars in it. There appear to be 200 g of sugar to a cup so I don't know what the actual quantity is, but wanted to get into the ballpark in mixing up my first batch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mom used to make condensed milk liky you describe. It wasn't as good as the boughten stuff but it worked. Maybe you should search the net for condensed milk substitutions. I'm curious though about the yoghurt do you add a starter culture and actually ferment it? Or do you just mix the milk and condensed milk. That stuff is pretty fattening and I don't think you're gaining anything over buying yogurt.

the chef

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Calgary,

Yes you add the culture to the yogurt. Basically, heat milk to 180, cool to 90, add culture, and keep between 90-120 for about 10 hours.

I make plain yogurt from 2% milk and 3/4 cup powdered milk. The stuff tastes lots better than store bought IMHO. If I make it with the condensed milk, my kids will choose it over ice cream half the time. If I could replace the condensed milk with powdered the stuff won't have hardly any fat at all in it. See why I am interested? At any rate, I'm gonna be doing some experimenting now.