Find
Notify
Tools

Fish and chips
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted

Dinner last night was Missouri paddle fish caught on Lake of the Ozarks earlier this year and sweet potato from my garden. All excellent, deep fried. I make my own fish breading.

This was the first sweet potato I have tried from my harvest and it was delicious. I was worried since they require a special curing process. I did it right. Couldn't be happier!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looks TOTALLY DELICIOUS!!!! tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ann, Looks great, glad it was a "fab" meal as my 1st experience with 'Fish + Chips' was when I was a kid in London where it is basically battered fish fillets + (what we call french fries) served in a little paper conical water cup doused with vinegar. But what can you expect from a country whose cusine involves boiling everything, including their bread?. So much for the nix on the Brits + your meal does look great, but even though I have posted this before concerning the English, I found it amusing so with post it again. In the early 70s I got to know a Czeck refugee named Vaclav Stepens that has escaped from the soviets in 57 + came to the U.S. to start a new life, VIA London. He met up with his fiancee in London, who had also escaped from Prague + they married there in London before coming to America. Their wedding night (which was in a little walk up flat) had 2 old maid spinsters living right across from them.The next morning when they came out of their "Honeymoon Suite" the 2 old ladies were peeking out their door + waiting for the newlyweds to come out; + they both started in asking, "How was it!!!?" Steve looking a little nonplussed said, Well the funiset thing was there was a water bottle in our bed + the 2 old ladies just beamed + said, "We knew you'd like it!" He told me that after the fact that he learned that there is a saying in Europe, " The English have good table manners + the continetals have good for. The Continentals have sex + the English have hot water bottles."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, I quite enjoy some malt vinegar on my fries. Delish!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is. I use the Bragg's.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow that looks good. How did you cure the sweet potatoes, Ann? I tried making sweet tater fries in my air fryer a while back and they weren't very good at all.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Wow that looks good. How did you cure the sweet potatoes, Ann? I tried making sweet tater fries in my air fryer a while back and they weren't very good at all.

Check this link out, Bill:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1093852/m/6971032862

~Ann