THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Top Secret Marinated Chicken (wild turkey breast)

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Secret Marinated Chicken (wild turkey breast)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Top Secret Marinated Chicken (works great on wild turkey breast) I first wrote it for a mule lover's cook book & it had to have something about mules in it Roll Eyes

I came by this recipe when I lived in Atlanta. There was a restaurant I frequented that served it and after I had eaten it, I was determined to get the recipe. Finally I talked my roommate into dating a waitress who worked at the restaurant in a clandestine attempt to get it. After months of interrogation she admitted that the chef slept with the recipe and there was no way she could get it. The waitress finally watched him make up the concoction from behind the dishwasher and the secret was ours. I think she and my roommate eventually got married and moved to a chicken farm in Arkansas.

Dave Newell's Uncle Winton sure could have used this recipe the day after a coon got into his chicken house. Uncle Wint always slept in the raw and one cold winter night he was awakened by a ruckus in the chicken house. Not stopping to dress he headed out with his ole double barrel and his 2 cell Ray-O-Vac hand torch, to handle the situation. Well, as he bent over; cautiously peering into the hen house, his old hound came up and checked him out from the rear with his cold wet nose. Uncle Wint pulled both triggers on the shotgun and killed nine of his chickens.

Dave also tells of when he was a kid driving a mule drawn wagon loaded with cane syrup. One day the mule broke wind so loud it scared him and he stampeded all the way to town leaving syrup cans for two miles. Boy, it sure is hard to get mules into a chicken recipe. Anyway here it is....

You'll need one or two boneless chicken breasts per person depending on the size of their appetites. I prefer leaving the skin on as it seems to keep 'em juicier, but they're great without it too.

Thoroughly mix 1 part Teriyaki sauce and 1 part honey with 2 parts pineapple juice in enough volume to cover the chicken. For 6-8 breasts you'll need about a pint of marinade.

Poke the chicken all over with a fork to allow the marinade to work its way down in the meat. Place in a bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Grill the chicken on your outdoor grill until done. (about 15-20 minutes depending on your grill and the thickness of the breasts) Don't overcook. Finger lickin' good.

Serve with rice pilaf and a lightly flavored vegetable.

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
........can't wait to try this one!!

Thanks,

Bob

It appears to be "Bob Proof"!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pineapple makes an excellent base for pork marinade also. ....My favorite for chicken [no mules] - thinly slice 1 lemon, 1 medium onion, a bunch of parsley chopped, 1/4 cup olive oil .Mix thoroughly with chicken and refrigerate for 2-3 hours .cook ,medium heat.