Find
Notify
Tools

This biryani business
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Lavaca mentioned it in the goat thread, and though I had heard the term a number of times, I never bothered to investigate. It looks marvelous!
Quick Google search turned up this chap's recipes and I will try it very soon and report.

https://www.indianhealthyrecip...cken-biryani-recipe/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bill,

There is an endless list of different biryanis.

It is a stable in our part of the world like a stew.

Hundreds of ways, and ingredients to use.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, do you have a favorite?

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Saeed, do you have a favorite?

No.

Basically look at the ingredients and pick the one that meets your needs.

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of chicken, so I like real meat, including game or mutton, saffron rice, a little bit hot and with dried apricots and raisins, but that's just me. Saeed knows a whole lot more about it than I do.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Looked at several biryani recipes. Two things stand out: first you need a lot of spices that must be ordered from Amazone; and second, you need to be able to cook rice with a Ph.D., parboil this, only partially cook that, one layer here, one layer there, etc. The meat is by far the easy part.
Still, I am determined to at least try one of these.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Bill
Amazon spices are stale crap. If you like fresh spices with flavor try https://www.penzeys.com/

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are very lucky here with spices.

All the fresh ingredients are available, and one can actually order the exact combination he wants and it is ground and mixed while you wait.

The smell is delicious!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I think visiting a Middle East spice market would be a religious experience. I have a copy of Paula Wolfert's "The Food of Morocco," and the chapter on spices includes photos of Moroccan markets with beautiful, conical piles of spices of all colors stacked everywhere. I can imagine the smell.

– John Green, author

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
The colors are beautiful. I can only imagine the aroma.

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Stunning, Saeed. You are indeed fortunate. Here, spices are almost never fresh and usually dried and bottled in a small glass jar or tiny metal can and sold for outrageous prices per ounce. If you tried to smell it first, the store would call the police.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:
Bill
Amazon spices are stale crap. If you like fresh spices with flavor try https://www.penzeys.com/

I used to but from penzeys until I found they are rapid anti hunters and anti gun!

Never again!!!!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good to know, friend.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. Any outfit that is an anti-gun in principle is someone that I will NOT spend my money with. Several years ago the NRA posted a list of anti businesses; I wish they would do it again. The only one I remember fro the past was Kraft Foods. I have not bought any of their product since then.The companies are only concerned with a profit marin; when they realize that pro-2nd ammdt. are in Opposition of their corporate polocy things will change.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Penzey's, would never buy one thing from those
people.

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Visited the spice souk and the gold souk in Dubai( visited Saeed, too) with my wife. The spice souk was fantastic and a lot cheaper! rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like extra fruit. Could include raisins, apricots, or prunes. All good.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Visited the spice souk and the gold souk in Dubai( visited Saeed, too) with my wife. The spice souk was fantastic and a lot cheaper! rotflmo

Next time you are here we will make you several dishes to choose from.

I hope you and Mrs Dollar would join us for dinner.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Most recipes brines are a farce to kill the taste of meat especially with goat and deer by folks that just don't like the meat in question..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote