THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Attn: Bill, formerly of Oregon and now of New Mexico

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attn: Bill, formerly of Oregon and now of New Mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Dude, saw this in my small town small and pathetic walmart today. Sure thought of you:

Look at the prices, very inexpensive for their size too.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill, you could do some seriously tasteful damage here. Smiler

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What do American chicken farmers do to make their chickens heavier!

Force feed them water or something!

I wouldn’t touch any American meat products here.

Australian and New Zealand are best!

Read that the UK is having second thoughts about importing these??!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Nothing, actually, Saeed. It is the breed of chicken. They simply come in different sizes kind of like dog breeds. Now, a farm raised bird is always going to taste better than one raised indoors with no sunshine or free ranging.

Also, because of mass production here when birds are sent through the slaughter line the meat is dipped in chemicals to try and kill bacteria before it is packaged for the supermarket. That part is gross too. But no, they are not fed or treated with antibiotics, etc while alive. That would actually be breaking the law to do that.

I am getting ready to butcher excess cockerels here. Not a job I enjoy at all but good eating down the road.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed...those are Texas Chickens....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you ought to see our bronze (sp) turkeys Big Grin

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd brine those, spatchcock and rub them all over with a good rub.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, so where is Bill? Anyone chatted with him lately?

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a spit roasted chicken from Costco! tu2 tu2 You can do so many things with it! tu2 The meat is so tender and just dripping with juices! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

And what would you know about meat? How can you tell the difference between good and bad since you burn yours? rotflmo

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vaughn, you are right about the Costco chickens. I buy them not only to eat right away but to debone + use for a Mexican chicken casserole. Ann, I have not heard from Bill in a few months, when I bought a revolver from him. Bill, if you are reading this please let everyone know you are O.K. We all certainly hope so.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Here I am Ann. I had not seen chickens labeled for baking before, but assume they are the same thing as stewing hens. I will check the frozen section at my Wally's here shortly.
Thank you ma'am!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
And what would you know about meat? How can you tell the difference between good and bad since you burn yours? rotflmo

Damn, THAT'S FUNNY!!!! rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Here I am Ann. I had not seen chickens labeled for baking before, but assume they are the same thing as stewing hens. I will check the frozen section at my Wally's here shortly.
Thank you ma'am!

Whew! You had me worried since you are normally pretty active on the forums. These would be stewing hens even though they say 'roasters'.

~Ann

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
As I remember it baking stewing hen were more mature birds and bigger then "fryers"
A big part of the size today, has to do with selective breeding.

I have wanted to have some free range chickens here, but figure if ai started with a hundred releases, I may have one survive to be slaughtered.
Too many competitors in the nearby woods. I guess one of those rolling pens may work if I could keep the little guys from finding a way under it.

Would be nice to have some real chicken, especially if it came from just common chicken stock lineage.

Only Ozzie meat that we see here, or at least labeled as such is some of the lamb.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

Damn, THAT'S FUNNY!!!! rotflmo clap

i heard he's somewhat of a badass and likes to beat it too!!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, glad to hear you are O.K.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The Australian-sourced lamb will be the ones with love bites all over them

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
The Australian-sourced lamb will be the ones with love bites all over them

Big Grin

Must re-watch The Black Sheep, Classic NZ movie clap

But seriously, Lamb has become very expensive here, as has beef!

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Muzza, in any repartee, please don’t mention the Bledisloe Cup Wink

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote