THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    What food do you swear people only pretend to like?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What food do you swear people only pretend to like?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Caviar, especially salmon caviar, which tastes and smells just like Mike's Cheese Bait Salmon Eggs that I used when I was a kid for trout fishing.

Agree with that one too! Now one other thing comes to mind for me: Velveeta cheese. Same reason as the caviar above. Used it for fish bait so much that I cannot stomach it at all. I just look at it and immediatly recall the days using it with fishy hands to bait the hook. It seems that I can also recall the smell in my mind at the same time! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:
Caviar, especially salmon caviar, which tastes and smells just like Mike's Cheese Bait Salmon Eggs that I used when I was a kid for trout fishing.

Agree with that one too! Now one other thing comes to mind for me: Velveeta cheese. Same reason as the caviar above. Used it for fish bait so much that I cannot stomach it at all. I just look at it and immediatly recall the days using it with fishy hands to bait the hook. It seems that I can also recall the smell in my mind at the same time! rotflmo

Oh gosh, my go to for grilled cheese is Velveeta!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love Menudo but all my friends only eat the juice and tell all how good it was!! NOT..Its the tripe thats good. Few really like it.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, menudo is good if done right, with muy chili powder. Also, the Mexican cure for hangover.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny, as I have said here before, that the government a few years ago did billions of dollars of research to discover that the enzymes in tripe help to open the cor pustules in the brain to relieve headaches. And as I said before, the Mexicans figured that out years ago. Your tax dollars at work.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love menudo and barbacoa. But I won't eat the eyeballs.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those who can't stomach cooked peas, my mom used to tell the story of one of her younger sisters who hated peas. One night she had a small serving to eat, but just couldn't do it. After much wailing and drama, her parents didn't give in. To try to mask the taste and consistency of the peas, my aunt got the bright idea to make a pea sandwich. Now she had doughy bread combined with cold cooked peas, not to mention a much greater mass to choke down. I suppose she got through it as she turns 95 in April.

Defend the 2A - if you can't fight for your rights you don't have any!

Posts: 66 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 04 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
How in hell could a thread like this go past 3 replies without someone bringing up Lutefisk?

You people are a bunch of amateurs and have no idea of what really bad food is all about. My bird dogs wouldn't eat about half of what first wife made, and the thought horse turds were really a treat.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suppose the same thing could be said about Haggis, but I've never met anyone who claimed that they liked it.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Does Vegemite fit in here anyplace?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right up there with marmalite, I suppose.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Vegemite is fine , as long as you smear a very light scrape of it over the bread and butter.

A thick layer of it tastes like shit for sure

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried it, but heard a turd is good if you cook the shit out of it.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
#1 Raw onions #2 close race raw cucumber

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Raw fish sushi, caviar,Brussels sprouts and tripe.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 784 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I love anchovies, caviar, raw onions, raw fish sushi, Brussels sprouts, tripe.

Light dinner part two - trout caviar:

Light dinner part one - beluga caviar:

Hope you enjoy ;-)

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always liked ceviche as well.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Raw oysters. Any “food“ you have to swallow whole without chewing isn’t food…… But I do love them smoked and especially fried……….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
I love anchovies, caviar, raw onions, raw fish sushi, Brussels sprouts, tripe.

Hope you enjoy ;-)

tu2

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 784 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jdollar, there is where we differ; I love raw oysters with a good hot red sauce, but never really cared for them cooked.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Since you’re swallowing them whole with hot sauce, how can you taste the oyster?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
If beer counts as food, then bitter hop'd up micro brew, Indian IPA's all that stuff is over-rated. Do all drinkers of it actually enjoy it?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Since you’re swallowing them whole with hot sauce, how can you taste the oyster?

I've always chewed them????

With Tabasco on a cracker! Soul food!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as seafood goes----I Prefer Bearded Clams Myself! sofa

Hip

Posts: 1820 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ground turkey.

Posts: 698 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
I suppose the same thing could be said about Haggis, but I've never met anyone who claimed that they liked it.

No, we've never met but I can tell you I like Haggis. Once bought and ate an entire Haggis on my own as nobody wanted a share. I've got lots of Scottish DNA so that maybe helps.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Viva le difference! I like Menudo too, but most white folks don't. Individual tastes.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm with Muzza on the Vegemite. I keep a jar in the pantry, but must confess it lasts for years. Just a light spread over previously-buttered toast adds an absolutely unique flavor profile. I better have some this morning, as a matter of fact.
Ann, growing up, Velveeta was what we used for grilled cheese sammiches, too. Once I started using Tillamook cheddar, there was no going back. Been decades now since I have bought Velveeta -- and yes it can make good fish bait.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Durian.

There's a reason it's banned from public transportation and hotels in some locations. Peeeww...

And, as for canned meat...

While there was always a can of spam in my dad's camper or survival box, he would never willingly eat the stuff.
Once I asked why and he described life on the family's Arizona cattle ranch while his dad was stationed in New Caledonia during WWII, and the irony of having to eat Vienna sausages, Spam, potted meat, and the like during the meat rationing.
He said he had his fill after that.

Posts: 2927 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Viva le difference! I like Menudo too, but most white folks don't. Individual tastes.

When in Texas in November last year I was offered Menudo. Never tried it before and when told the main ingredient was more than willing to try it. Delicious ! Would eat again anytime.
My Chinese wife often makes dishes with tripe. It's not a Chinese staple but several interesting and delicious dishes can be made with it so I guess I was pre-conditioned for Menudo. Mexican or Chinese style, for me it's all good with tripe.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
Durian.

There's a reason it's banned from public transportation and hotels in some locations. Peeeww...

Yes, it surely stinks. Encountered Durian often in Malaysia many years ago. Due to that unique odour it took me quite some time to pluck up the courage for a taste test. Surprisingly, if you can get past the stink the taste is actually not bad. I still eat a little sometimes but mostly in restaurants where it is served sweetened a bit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
30-06king, Since you are also used to eating Asian, then the spicy is no sweat (sorry) for you. I like mine spicy as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Menudo and Ceviche is hard to beat, I was raised on it and frito de Sangre (fried blood).the stuff thats on your every day friend round steak.

Randy (Norm ) and I grew up on the same border//

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fried brains have to be on that list.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of people eat---UNBORN CHICKEN!

Hip

Posts: 1820 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote