Find
Notify
Tools

Candied bacon
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I guess everyone else had heard about this long ago, but the news reached my mailbox just last week.
Put a half cup of brown sugar in a large ziplock, and add one pound of thick-sliced bacon slice by slice, so the slices don't stick together. Shake it up and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so, then lay strips on a cooling rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking pan and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 10, then defend against all comers. Alternatively, you can replace some of that brown sugar with maple syrup, and even add a glug of Jack Daniels if needed as a preventive for covid, or whatever.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alternatively, you can replace some of that brown sugar with maple syrup, and even add a glug of Jack Daniels if needed as a preventive for covid, or whatever.

rotflmo clap tu2

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I too recently saw this recipe on FB. Was contemplating how such bacon would go with a BLT.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I've done something similar. I take 1 lb. of brussell sprouts, cut in half, 1/2 - 1 b. bacon, cut into pieces, + brown sugar (vol. to taste), + bake @ 350 for one hr. It's really a good flavor combo. The stovetop works too. The bacon grease keeps from having a brown sugar disaster.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote