New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Grilled shrimp
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If it didn't have cocktail sauce, it was probably marinated in Olive oil and chopped garlic with s&p. I've done up something like this and added some lemon juice to the marinade. I marinaded them for only 30 min as the lemon juice will turn them into seviche. Another method would be to brush BBQ sauce on them while cooking.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I take the veined and shelled shrimp and put them on skewers, wrapped in bacon and with some red bell pepper and onion chunks alternating with the shrimp. I brush them with spicy barbecue sauce as they grill over the coals. You just have to watch the flare-ups from the bacon fat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Two very different dishes come to mind and neither one is really grilled. One is called Bar B Qed shrimp the other is called Cajun Pan Grilled Shrimp. The first is usually served head on in the shell in a bowl with a dipping broth with lots of French bread. The second is usually served head on in the shell with some kind of pasta and a very light white garlic sauce. The BAR B Qed recipe is sort of involved the other is pretty simple but nothing like the first. Both are very good and have a pronounced garlic flavor. Of the two BBQed is the favorite in my house.

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote