THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Sirloin and sirloin tip steak recipes?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sirloin and sirloin tip steak recipes?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Please share your sirloin recipes with me!

We tried putting some sirloin steaks from a bull elk into a crock pot, but they turned out extremely tough.

A couple weeks ago, I shot a doe antelope. So, we did the same thing with a package of sirloin tip steaks. They, too, turned out about as tough as shoe leather.

After a second failed attempt with the crock pot, I'm not sure what to do next. The round steak we do in the crock pot turns out nice and tender.

I'm about ready to take it back to the processor and turn it into burger meat or snack sticks!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
age it some, hang it in a cooler for a couple weeks at just above freezing if you can, before you cut it up... and marinade it... i use half italian dressing and half catalina dressing with some garlic, either fresh or powdered, lemon juice, a shot of tobasco. and some worchestershire sauce..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2830 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might try cutting into smaller strips (cross-grain) and making a curry. Add some peppers, onions, and/or other vegetables and serve over rice and it's not so bad if the smaller pieces of meat are a bit chewy. Just a thought.

Posts: 10032 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote