THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    i need a recipe for smoking a ( pork) ham

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i need a recipe for smoking a ( pork) ham
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
i shot a young wild boar a few weeks ago and want to smoke a ham. i have smoked turkey and fish before but never a ham. i am using a Masterbuilt electric smoker with temp control. any suggestions???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
smoking won't do it. You need to cure a ham.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Italians cure a ham , as they've done for about 1000 years, by deboning, salting, and keeping the ham in temp and moisture controlled area for about a year !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Salt, pepper and smoke. I do ham or shoulders this way when the Shoprite is giving away turkey or hams.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Slow cooked pulled pork, better than ham. Season and cook at 250 with smoke until it falls off the bone. 6-8 hours depending on size.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote