New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smoked Goose!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do not post cooks bc, honestly, they take too long to write up. However, this cool was exceptional:

Smoked Goose Breast! Guys,I smoked us goose breast last night. This gives elk a run for its money. I do not know why some give Canada Goose a hard time.

Brine-Hard Apple Cider, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, Water

Rub-Olive Oil (Extra Virgin) Fresh ground Black Pepper, Brown Sugar, Cayenne Pepper (ground).

Prep-Lay the rubbed Goose Breast with a wrap of bacon on apple slices sliced round disk add Hard Cider but do not cover or float breast. This is one of those aluminum large baking pans with high sides.

Smoke-Pecan on far right of the smoker away from fire box opening. Smoker temp not allowed over 250 degrees F.

Temp-Smoke until 140 degrees F internal temperature.

Sliced thin and served with home made bread, oven roasted diced potatoes, and 1985 VIntage Port. Dare, I say the best meat to come off the smoker.

I boned the breast out and without skin.

Sides were: diced and oven roasted Golden Yukon potatoes, asparagus seared in a little bacon grease with dried red chili flacks lightly dusted on top with real, fresh graded Parmesan cheese, homemade pecan pie, and 1985 Vintage Port.

Someone, please PM to post photograph as I cannot post pictures from this device.

Posts: 10826 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
many years ago when i lived in Bryan Tx and was a poor student at A&M, we ate lots of wild game... had couple of hunters give us some geese they'd shot and didn't want... didn't know about brining and bacon wrapping then, so we took them to 3C BBQ and asked if they'd cook them for us.... they put them in with the briskets and pork ribs, and let the smoke and dripping grease from their meat season the geese... it was fantastic... ate it cold mostly as sandwiches, but really good!!..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote