Find
Notify
Tools

Re: how to cook ribs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's how I do it:

Pick up a bottle of cheap BBQ sauce (your choice). Pour half of it and 1 cup water in the bottom of a roasting pan. Put in ribs, cover with rest of sauce and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 deg f. Uncover, baste, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes until sauce starts to turn dark brown. Mmmmmmm

Ryan

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful with the term "boil." The best way is to have the water just short of boiling or it will dry the ribs out. I only "simmer" if I need get a slew of them ready, then I grill them, basting with sauce to get some crispy bits and some carmelized sauce.....if you're getting ready for a crowd, you can wrap them in foil (each slab) and throw them in a cooler....pile 'em up and then eat when the crowd gets there..they'll hold for a few hours.

Check out www.cookshack.com

I have two of their smokers and there is no other way to go! I prepare pulled pork shoulder for 100 people for our Husker home game tailgate using the Cookshack. tons of recipies, marinades, sauces, rubs, etc on the forum there....

have fun!

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote