Find
Notify
Tools

Limburger Cheese
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
Anyone have any recipes or recommendations on what to eat limburger cheese with? I've heard on rye with mustard and onion. What's everyone's favorite?

I bought a chunk of it without realizing how pungent it is. I like some very strange foods, but the foot smell is proving hard for me to get over.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Dark rye mustard and onion is good. I also like it on a ritz cracker. Or on those little cocktail rye bread slices. At deer camp it gets double bagged and then put in a jar for those that think it smells bad.

Wash it down with your favorite brew.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xs headspace
posted Hide Post
My mother used to have Limburger and raw onion sandwiches with her mom, when we went to visit grandma, upstate NY. Dad would sleep on the couch that night.......

Hippie redneck geezer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Foot smell? SHit smell!

A nation with dogs and whiskey beats Nazis. A nation with cats and spritzers is asking to be shoved around.

Posts: 85 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote