New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anthony Bourdain
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
CNN has started a series of programs about foods in different parts of the world. I was suprized some of his stuff is weird ! But His South American and Montreal programs were interesting.Even eating the whole beaver except the tail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anthony Bourdain is an ASSHOLE. I was serving on the USS Nashville LPD-13 when he was one of the people evacuated from Beruit Lebanon in July 2006. He was, without a doubt, one of the most conceded and arrogant person I ever met. Treated the whole crew like they were his personal servants.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to learn about foods of the world Andrew Zimmerman is a much better food guru.

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate's Life:
Anthony Bourdain is an ASSHOLE. I was serving on the USS Nashville LPD-13 when he was one of the people evacuated from Beruit Lebanon in July 2006. He was, without a doubt, one of the most conceded and arrogant person I ever met. Treated the whole crew like they were his personal servants.

Believable. Wink We have made movie stars out of cooks, and they have developed an ego to match.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pirate's Life: Anthony Bourdain is an ASSHOLE....without a doubt, one of the most conceded and arrogant persons I ever met

Haven't met him but agree he is an arrogant immature liberal jerk.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My opinion is he is just an alcoholic ex-chef. Most of his shows depict him totally wasted. He sucks up to whatever drivel his benefactors shovel to him. Narcissistic and conceited. He does have the talent for writing and that's what makes him an economic diva to the liberal genre. The cable channel is just using him as a means to an ends. It is sickening to think he is making hundreds of thousands of dollars with this crap.

Posts: 3683 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is sickening to think he is making hundreds of thousands of dollars with this crap.

Green is such a nice color except when depicting envy. Why the hell would Bourdain making "hundreds of thousands of dollars" make any difference to you?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
he's an ass but the shows are good.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I enjoy his show and too bad if he is an asshole.

I really enjoyed his show with Ted Nugent. Bourdain enjoyed the machinegun shoot.

Nugent

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agree. +1 Big Grin

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Singleshot03:

I really enjoyed his show with Ted Nugent. Bourdain enjoyed the machinegun shoot.

Guns have been a cool part of many of his shows. I really don't understand all the hate form some of our members. He does have a huge ego, but he did make it to the top by being outspoken so that is to be expected.

I'm shocked at how closed minded our membership can be.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Singleshot03:

Guns have been a cool part of many of his shows. I really don't understand all the hate form some of our members. He does have a huge ego, but he did make it to the top by being outspoken so that is to be expected.

I'm shocked at how closed minded our membership can be.

+1

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Believable. Wink We have made movie stars out of cooks, and they have developed an ego to match.

Trust me, they had the ego's even before they made it to T.V. I have met Bourdain a couple of times. HE IS A ASSHOLE! Probably more so then any other celebrity chef I have either worked for or have met.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote