Find
Notify
Tools

Krups Pannini maker...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I do not work for, nor do I own stock in, Krups. At the recommendation of a pal I bought a Krups electric Pannini maker. It is great for game meat. Deer steaks in 90 seconds - medium rare. Venison burgers tonight in 5 minutes. And, the pannini toasted sandwiches open a new vista for grilled cheese lovers.
clap

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

No offense meant, but, is that anything like the George Foreman Deluxe grill?

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
No offense taken. Very similar to the Foreman grill but designed for the pannini. It cooks both surfaces at the same time. I have never had one of the Foreman's but believe it similar. Venison burgers tonight..... thumb

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Sounds pretty much like the same thing...I did deer sausage in the Foreman this AM for breakfast....great stuff with eggs and a dab of hot sauce!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Couldn't help myself...it's lunch time here so I made a grilled cheese on the Foreman...it was great...so I made another!! Kinda like big cheese filled square ripple chip...crunchy on the outside..gooey on the inside and tastes great!! Next time I'm adding ham with some Pepper Jack!! Maybe that will be dinner.

Thanks for the idea!!

The year of the .30-06!!

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Over priced waffle irons!!!Both a Pannini press and a Foreman grill.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by baboon:
Over priced waffle irons!!!Both a Pannini press and a Foreman grill.

Don't know about waffles, but I did a feral sow ham steak tonight and it was perfect..... beer
Whoops, and it's Passover....I'm in purgatory for sure now..... shame

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clearly, Baboon has not had one of Bill's or my grilled cheese sandwiches. I'd like to see him duplicate one on a cheap waffle iron!!

I'm pretty much up on waffles, especially with creamed chicken on top....or even fresh blueberries whipped cream, but ya can't make no grilled cheese with one!!

The year of the .30-06!!

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
My cheap ass $3.00 at a yard sale waffle iron has a griddle on one side and the waffled side on the other!

Its been making pancakes waffles,burgers,grilled cheese,rubuens and just about any other thing that a foreman or pannini press can fore ever. Oh shit I foregot to mention Cubano sandwiches!

My parents and grandparents had the very same cheap ass General Electric combo waffle iron for as long as I can remember.

And really whats the deal with cooking steaks on a foreman?Aint it really just some fancy marketing towards people who cant cook.Surely it cant sear a steak like a cheap ass cast iron pan!!

Salton the maker of the foreman grill was just about bankrupt when it turned their waffle iron into the foreman grill.If it was'nt for old George they would have been long gone.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I got taken...I paid $5 for George's contraption at a yard sale.

I have a cheap ass griddle/waffle maker too, but it is a Sunbeam and best I can remember my mother got in when I kid...50 years ago...still turns out great waffles...but the cloth insulation on the cord is showing it's age.

Main reason I like the Foreman grill is it is angled and the grease runs out when you cook something. It also makes great garlic bread toast and bagle, ham and egg sandwiches...and a whole bunch of other stuff. Guess you're right..George musta pulled Salton's fat off the gridle...ya spose?

BTW, I'm hitting the yard sales tomorrow looking for a toaster over to cook gun koted parts in my shop...wife doesn't like the smell in the house.

The year of the .30-06!!