Donuts Anyone?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
He is my hero!

I cannot eat two!!?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That guy is just plain creepy.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In Texas they had a restaurant serving a 72 ounce steak!

I have witnessed several people !

18 ounce t-bone is my limit.

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the joke going around when LBJ was p[resident + he was inspecting a factory making food for the American public. He sees this fat sweaty, hairy chested guy picking up blobs of hamburger, putting under his arm pit, give it a squeeze + slap it down on the tray for being hamburger patties.the president says that is disgusting, the guy says, you ain't seen nothing hey, go on down the line + see how we make the doughnuts.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I wonder if you're talking about the Zeishang bar + grill in Noack, Texas. They had one there that came with a baked potato, + access to the salad bar (that was served in an old claw foot bathtub) for $13.99; of course this was in 1980, but it was well worth the trip anyway as the main barroom looked like The Long branch with bar with brass rail, long mirror behind, + every inch of space on all the walls was covered with trophy head mounts.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I was talking about one of my favorite restaurants in Houston in the early 80's.

Called the TEXAS TUMBLEWEED!

Very easy going, and they had a great sense of humor.

We used to go there after our shoots in the Greater Houston Gun Club.

They served steaks.

COWGIRL was an 18 ounce T-bone
Cowboy was a 28 ounce T-bone
And THE BIG TEXAN which was a 72 ounce steak.

Desert was peach coplers and ice cream.

They also had a sort of show.

Someone would grab a waitress and carry her away.

Others would chase him and fire blanks and get her back!

And if you had a party of 8 or more, they would give you your own server, and charge a fixed service charge.

We got there once, and I was informed of this as we sat.

The head waitress used to have a pistol on her belt.

And said to me "Sir, you will get your server as you are a party of more than 8. And we charge a fixed 15% service charge for that.And if you have any complaints you tell me, and I will sort it out"

I said "And if I like the server, can I take her home?"

Laughing, she said "I will give one you wouldn't want to take him!"

We got one called ROAD RUNNER.

Extremely slim young girl, extremely efficient, but wasn't one I would wish to take home.

We had a great dinner, and we all laughed as we left.

Sadly, non of this would be acceptable today! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. Some of the things we have lost along the way.