THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    New small bowl cutter - Polish salami

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New small bowl cutter - Polish salami
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
I was thinking about getting one for a while. But I didn't want Chinese aluminum junk and professional all stainless steel are pretty expensive. Here are some photos and video of making Polish salami (pork + wild boar meat):

Video here: https://youtu.be/HjWhMr__9NI

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri…very interesting. I haven’t tried salami but I make a lot of kielbasa and krakowska using my grandfather’s recipes.

Hope you have been well!

Z

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

I am fine, thank you. How are you? Hope you and Raye are fine too.

This summer, I spent about a month in USA, going with friend's family in RV from Texas to Oregon. Ocean to ocean.

This salami or sausage, don't know what word is better, is characterized by onion flavor. It is composed of two main parts. Binder and that bigger pieces of meat (don't know english word for it).

Binder is made from wild boar meat, frozen onion, spices and salt with pink salt (Cure #1). It is mixed in cutter to fine paste.

Then pork meat is added and mixed and cut in cutter just for few seconds. Then it is stuffed, smoked for two hours, hot water bath until safe temperature is reached in sausage core and dried/smoked again to add more flavor and to seal the sausage (longer shelf life).

We do also meatloaf, wine sausages and different stuff. And drink beer too ;-)

Wine sausage for Christmas:

Some venison+wildboar+pork stuff:

And I bought also this big brother for 915 model I already have:

I love this big canner. We do a lot of canning in:

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
And of course, when in USA, we made about 100 pounds of 4 different types of those for friend's father party in Portland:

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jiri, this is just spectacular! I had not heard of a bowl cutter before. Looks like a great tool for the sausage maker. Your sausage looks incredible. Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri, that all looks very tasty! Making sausage is truly a labor of love!

Raye and I have been healthy and following our work plan: hunt, fish, travel,,repeat! Retirement is good! Sounds like you had a great holiday with your friends.
Z

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow! Terrific looking sausage.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Raye and I have been healthy and following our work plan: hunt, fish, travel,,repeat! Retirement is good! Sounds like you had a great holiday with your friends.

tu2

And please, say Hello to Raye.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Wow! Terrific looking sausage.

Thank you.

Last weekend, we made some Czech style sausage with a lot of small pieces of pork back fat in. Next weekend, we have a plan for about 40-50 pounds of canned pate. Will take some pictures.

Jiri

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice buffalo style chopper. Katana 6? Nothing like high grade equipment to ge the job done.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Katana 12 with variable speed.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Last weekend, we made liver pate. I have sausage stuffer, but I had only straight tubes. So I designed 90 degree one in Solidworks and friend 3D printed it in Formlabs 3D printer. I needed this one for filling jars.

We made over 150 jars of liver pate, it was about 70 pounds or so. We used boiled and baked pork meat and wild boar liver. All was processed in meat grinder with plate with 6mm holes (little under 1/4") and about 1/3 of it was fine minced (don't know right english word for) in bowl cutter and mixed together. So it has smooth texture but with small particles you can enjoy. About half of the pate was enhanced by green peppercorns in salt brine and the other half with minced prunes and walnut.

Jiri

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Well. I'm not a fan of liver pate or prunes in anything. But, looks like a hot set-up you have there. Smoked ham is my favorite meat. One local place makes the best. Low water content and smokey.
Have fun...

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote