Find
Notify
Tools

Corned Game?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey it is St Pat's Day.

Anyone have a recipe for Corned Venison/game?

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lynn D
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a website my brother used. Hope it helps [Smile]

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC3603.htm

Lynn

Posts: 1187 | Location: Quebec, Canada | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rockhead,
Tried a corned venison recipe on Canada goose breast which we regard as some of the best game meat in our freezer. The recipe eludes me right now but was similar to the link Lynn provided. Though we both like corned beef now and again, we were really, really dissappointed. The goose tasted just like corned beef!! All the goose flavor we enjoy was gone, dead, kaput. The bride told me not to screw up the goose like that ever again. I can see the corning recipes as a boon to those who have an aversion to game flavors though. Just my $0.02 worth.

Posts: 28 | Location: Wyoming, Like No Place On Earth | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rockhead try the recipe I posted for brining smoked meat only kick up the salt a little more to start. If you float an egg in the brine it is going to be as salty as the saltiest boughten ham so adjust from there. You can brine as many pieces that will fit loosely. Do not smoke it and then cook it as you would any corned beef. However if you cold smoke it as discribed in my post you can still make it as you do corned beef. Great with cabbage and makes a good venison rubin sandwich! I think I just heard my wife uncork a bottle of wine for your marinade and I want some of the top half, so I gotto go.

Posts: 94 | Location: WI MI border | Registered: 25 March 2003Reply With Quote