• 1 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. nutmeg
• ½ tsp. salt
• ¾ tsp. pepper
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• small marshmallows

1) Pour entire contents of sweet potato cans into a large stockpot and heat to a light simmer. This is meant only to warm the potatoes so they beat better. Once you reach a simmer drain the liquid and pour into mixing bowl.

2) Beat until whipped, it will be lumpy. Take the fibers off beaters.

3) Add butter and whip until smooth, followed by the eggs. Add brown sugar and mix, and then mix in all other seasonings. Add whipping cream and mix until smooth.

4) Pour into 13”x9” casserole dish and bake 25 minutes at 350° or until casserole sets.

5) Once done pull out and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the casserole, I don’t like to completely cover it. As the marshmallows start to melt a little turn the oven to broil and watch it until the marshmallows start to turn golden brown. This should only take a minute or t

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Invaluable! tu2 Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Great recipe, instead of marshmallows, I coat the top with finely chopped pecans. I also add 1/4 cup of Crown Royal in the final mix before baking, very tasty!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great but only one glitch---Yams are not related to Sweet potatoes, so it must be yam casserole.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True statement that most people don't know. Yams are a descent substitute not actually used in this recipe. Labeling requirements are weird and most people don't realize that yams are grown mostly in Asia and Africa and sweet potatoes that are canned are often called yams. Pumpkin pie filling is often other types of winter squash and not actually pumpkin as well.

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Touche!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only know because my wife is a food nut.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, at least that makes two of us who know something that most don't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possibly three!!!!!