THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Bacon or Pork Belly my way Candied Hot pork

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bacon or Pork Belly my way Candied Hot pork
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
The recipe is the same, it just depends on cooking time.

Pre-heat oven to about 350-400 (every oven and altitude cooks differently, those that cook all the time know what I mean).

In a gallon bag place several cups of brown sugar (broken up) one cup of white sugar (or unrefined is best) and a table spoon of black pepper and a table spoon of red chili powder.

Place your sliced pork belly or bacon slices loosely in the bag and shake until well covered.

Place the pieces of meat evenly on a cookie tin (covered with baking paper) and into the oven for about 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on cooking time for your oven and how thick the bacon or pork belly is).

Cook until you are happy with the doneness of the meat.

My kids lose their minds over this, I do about 1/10th the spice on their portions.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Now you got me thinking.
I do a candy bacon as well.
Thick sliced bacon, brown sugar and Vinegar.
Mix the sugar and vinegar and make a paste
lay out on a sheet and coat the bacon with the mix. put it in the smoker for a few hours or until the doneness you like.
now I am going to have to add red pepper as well.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn! I bet that would be great with a deer/elk tenderloin slice in the middle. A few minutes in the smoker sounds good to me too.

Posts: 3680 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Hmm Vinegar? Nice idea.

Was thinking of mixture of brown sugar and maple surup.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote