THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Roast Turkey - Perfect for thanksgiving!

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roast Turkey - Perfect for thanksgiving!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
A GREAT TURKEY RECIPE

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that!

When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out:

Give this a try.

1 Size 30. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup of uncooked popcorn

Salt & pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 220c.
Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck end towards the back of the oven.
Listen to the popping sounds.

When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it is done.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or to save on clean up use a meat thermometer stuck into the thickest part of a breast. Remove bird at 180 degrees.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote