New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chorizo Queso
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not much of a recipe really, but it's almost Superbowl Sunday and this a Superbowl tradition at our house. Chili con Queso, but with a chorizo twist -- It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Usual velveeta and Roi-Tel tomato cans for the queso, but I also fry up a skillet full of venison choriso and stir into the mix. You obviously could use any commercial chorizo, but you'd have more fat.

Enjoy the Game.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Dang...that sounds good. Think I will make some for the game tomorrow. Dont have any venison choriso, so I'll have to use store bought though.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I love chorizo but will only eat home-made stuff...the commercial stuff often has lymph nodes and salivary glands in it... I'll eat fat but I'll leave the lymphatic system to someone else !