THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    After the fact, but black-eyed peas for New Years Day

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After the fact, but black-eyed peas for New Years Day
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
First time I cooked with them and also my first time cooking collard greens.
Used this recipe, and for the smoked sausage I pulled a couple of Johnsonville Brats with Hatch Chile from my precious stash in the freezer and threw an hour's worth of pecan smoke on them in the Traeger before cutting them up and frying them with the bacon. The whole thing came out very well. I'll do her again.
No cornbread, as I can never eat it all up by myself.

https://www.africanbites.com/black-eyed-peas-recipe/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Sounds pretty good!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That it does! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went over to Mom's + she had some black-eyed peas on as tradition calls for but also a fresh batch of sauerkraut, which Teutonic new years' tradition requires. She uses my Tante Rita's recipe, + it is the best you have ever eaten.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks delish, friend turned me onto to adding chopped banana peppers and some of the banana pepper juice at the end of making black eyed peas.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I love black eyed peas!

We cook them for a long time with a bit of salt, and dried red chilis.

Once ready, we squeeze lime on them and eat!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried them with red chilies + lime, will give it a try as they are usually bland by themselves. I only eat them on New Year's just for that reason, besides, Chilies improve everything.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Black eyed pease and chickpeas.

We cook them the same way and eat them on their own.

Boiled with a bit of salt, dried red chilies and with lime, or lemon.

Both are also very good with chicken or meat.

Onions, garlic, spices of your choice.

Chicken a chickpeas are regularly served in our house.

Guests love the dish.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, this reminds me that I simply must cook with chickpeas more often. I have to confess that about the only time I eat them is in the form of canned garbanzos, on a salad. They are delicious.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote