Find
Notify
Tools

TEXAN MK II 12 GAUGE PRESS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FOLKS,
Is anyone using the Texan MK II press ? I bought one in the 70's for close to $ 200.00. It is a well built press , almost all machined & does a nice job of crimping. Last year I bought another for $ 10.00 at a flea market -complete withan original manual !! I'm having a problem with the primer feed not compressing when you try to seat a primer & I was wondering if anyone else has this problem ? It could be out of round but finding another primer post is a problem.
Anyone with one of these presses please let me know.
Thank you.
SOUP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two. In fact I have owned three. The first was around 1966-67 which I may have gotten mailorder while in military service. Sold it to a friend weho gave it to a nephew. I bought two on ebay one of which has a cast base and one of which has a pressed heavy metal base.

I can't recall doing reloading since the days of fiber wads. I might have used Red Dot powder. I took a fast look at the primer seating device on one press. If there is an adjust with the rod not seating fully it should be adjustable. Just took a look and as the rod was a bit loose I rotated it to see if the big nut holding it in place was the adjusting device. It turns out there is a set screw in the side of the primer seating rod near the top where this rod is of much larger diamter. Therefore we assume that if this is loosened it can be slid down on an internal rod - but this is just a fast glance at the setup.

Posts: 146 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With Quote