New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Beginner book
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is a good beginner shotshell reloader book?

I have been looking and the New Lyman might fit the bill but don't know for sure.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I use the Lyman Books (Editions 3 and 4). The books are informative and list well tested loads. The load selection is somewhat limited by time and cost constraints.

So, I also check the powder comopany listings for the brand powder(s) I am using. I primarily use Alliant Powders for shotshell reloading, and find their online reloading information to be quite comprehensive for their own brand of powder.

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Lyman #5 is supposed to start shipping today. FWIW, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No shotshell loading book is as comprehensive as Lyman. It is the gold standard.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch:
Lyman #5 is supposed to start shipping today. FWIW, Dutch.

Now that is good news... I hope to have it before the month is out!!

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote