Find
Notify
Tools

Slugs in brass cases
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted
I've been searching the web for information on loading slugs in 12ga brass cases. Can anyone help me with serious load data?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
prof242,
Try www.hammerdouble.com
They may have the data you are looking for.
Lefteris.

Posts: 195 | Location: Thessaloniki, GREECE | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Sir: in the January 2005 issue of "The Single Shot Exchange" magazine there is an article by Charles J. Sharps, Ph.D. on his rifled 12 bore, brass cased, Encore Rifle. He was shooting .730" diameter, 730 grain slugs, loaded with 7 drams FFg blackpowder for elk hunting. Nice article. The e-mail is singl8888eshotex@earthlink.net(remove the 8888) from the address. ned

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious if anybody has ever tried to make their own brass cases?

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Brass cases are commonly made by many. See "The Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions" bt John J Donnelly.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Look up the 12 gauge from Hell project over in the Big Bores section. Ol' Rob and Ed over there are doing a very interesting project with some 12 bores.
Be cautious with those brass cases that are commonly manufactured out there. MagTech does sell 12 gauge brass cases but they are paper thin so I wouldn't recommend loading one of those up too hot unless you're willing to spare a case a shot. They're building them out of 50 BMG brass and those hold up like no tomorrow.
I am currently working on the same project, with both a Savage 210 and a Encore. Will keep you updated later on this month when I get back to America.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote