Remington
PMC
Estate

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not start with Claybusters? Be aware that your press may need adjusting for each one of the different types of hulls. In addition I don't know how successful you will be reloading the Estate shells. I have not reloaded them or PMC.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Remington hulls and clay buster wads work good together! tu2

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Ballistics Products (ballisticproducts.com). They have a great selection of shotgun reloading components including the 28 ga.

I've used them for years and they offer tech advice for loads, if asked.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Challanger, PMC, Nobel Sport, Kent, P&B & Rio etc are all the euro trash hull made by Chedite. In fact if you secton one the Fiocchi hulls you will find that it is so similar to be nearly indistinguishable from the Chedite hull. You can expect about 3 reloads before they will split at the folds. Estates & Federals are the same hull just a slightly diffrent color. All of these can be loaded with the Revised Red Duster or the CB 5034 HSx wad and you can save on the cost over the BPI, Gualdini, Rem OEM or Federal OEM wads. The 28 ga Rem STS hull works well with the CB 1034 wad and I see Micro Technologies is listing loading data for their Red Duster wad as well. The Rem hull is slightly better than the euro trash hulls with maybe 4 or 5 reloads but the mouth of the hull turns all crispy and the folds split. The best hull by far is the 28 ga Win AAHS (+10 reloads) if you can get your hands on some. Yes, you may find you may need to make press crimp & wad pressure adjustments between brands.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Smiler

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I load alot of Estate brand hulls for 28 a guy gave me 2 grocery bags full a few years ago and the have become my favorite for 28 and 410. For the 28 I use WAA28 and WAA 28 HS depending on the load. Im sure the claybuster will do just fine as well.

Posts: 87 | Location: al | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote