New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS press
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a chance to buy a new-in-box RCBS Mini Grand Press for 12ga 2-3/4" up to 3-1/2" shells for $50.

I estimate that I will use up to 75-100 rounds of premium no-tox shot per season. I plan to reload mostly magnum loads in both No-tox (hevi-shot & Bismuth) for geese and lead shot for turkey. Maybe even reload for the occassion upland bird round too.

Is it worth the investment? There is a pretty big sale at a store nearby and I can get components on the cheap also.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MThuntr,
They sell new for about $84 to $100 so yes it is a good buy. You are saying that you are only going to load 3 t 4 boxes a year???? You can do that in a heartbeat. I would think it would serve you very well. I have seen them but have never used one, but single stage loaders are hot that difficult to get comfortable with.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 or 4 boxes of the expensive shot for geese, but I'm sure once I get started I'll load for just about everything. It will probably be about 2-3 cases a year (I don't shoot all that much)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote