New
Find
Notify
Tools

adding nitro card & pressure?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Okay I started putting a load together from Hodgdon website and it doesn't fill the shell.

The load is 12ga Federal 3-1/2" with 209A primer, 34.8gr of Longshot and WAA12SL wad. Velocity is 1200fps and pressure says 13,300PSI. It looks like if I add one 20ga nitro card to the wad it will match up right.

Will adding a nitro card to fill the shell affect the pressure of the load enough to be concerned?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The answer is it affects pressure very minimally.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
+1

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MThunter,
Are you talking to yourself again? Wink

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You better believe it! lol

I generally search for info on multiple sites and since nobody replied, I figured I should pass on what I found out elsewhere.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually thanks a lot. I just added a nitro over powder card to a load and was wondering the same thing.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote