New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for copper coated lead BBs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a fairly large volume of copper coated lead BBs (BB size) and can't seem to find them anywhere. BPI has nickle coated, but they are very expensive. Any body have any ideas?

Center of the Nation Outfitters

Posts: 39 | Location: Gillette Wy. | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
How many do you need? Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dutch, I could use a hundred pounds at least. Probably more if the price was right. Thanks.

Posts: 39 | Location: Gillette Wy. | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Well, I've got about 20 stashed for varmint loads........

Have you checked with Lawrence? Or with the Remington drop tower in Arkansas? They probably won't sell direct, but should be able to direct you to a reseller? HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have checked Lawrence, but am not sure how to get ahold of Remington. You have 20 lbs or 20 bags? Any you want to sell?

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I just have 20 lbs left, and about a bag of "b"'s.

The Remington plant is at Lonoke, Arkansas, IIRC. Should be in the phone book? HTH, Dutch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
cal - i checked all around here and all i could find was 4,5,6's - just shoot the damn yotes with your ar

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would, but the shotgun works way better out of an airplane than the AR does! BTW I need your address again, I sent your sticks once and got them back. Hope all is well and hope you guys come back out one of these days, if not to hunt at least to visit.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Have you checked with Northwest Shot in Medford (541-535-3404)?

As a side note, according to Tom Roster, there's very little difference in performance between current production copper plated shot and regular shot. Not enough copper to make a difference. FWIW, Dutch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
there's always mounting a light 30 belt fed to the struts Big Grin BOOM shop is the best - address is 217 mill st. faribault mn 55021 hoped to get out your way this summer to doin some PD's but the way work is lining up it looks like another year with no rest for the wicked

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't copper be close to the cost of nickel plated now ?. With the rising cost of ALL metals over the last couple of years .

I used to purchase them from our club when they made the yearly buy of what ever .

I also used to buy them from some place up in Min a snow duh MN. , Ballistic products I believe .

Shoot Straight Know Your Targets . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about price difference Dr K, but the nickle is all we can find. We just ordered a little over 1300 lbs of it from BPI. I guess we are set for a while.