Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mec 600 Jr. Pre 1982
 Login/Join

posted
Will the wad guide, spindex starter crimp, and the Dupont Zytel crimp die that comes with the newer 600 Mark 5 interchange with my older 600 Jr.?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beats me. I'd just e-mail tech. support at MEC and get the straight skinny.
http://www.mecreloaders.com/
Regards, Woody

Bring a kid along.

Posts: 98 | Location: S.E. Oregon too close to PRK | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I know the crimp die and the crimp starter assembly will on my Sizemasters. Haven't figured out the wad guide, though. HTH, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch:
I know the crimp die and the crimp starter assembly will on my Sizemasters. Haven't figured out the wad guide, though. HTH, Dutch.
Wad guide is standard I use whetever brand I can find in my DL366.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, as far as I know. The frame is unchanged, so any of the die components should work. I have or have had 600/700 frames of various ages and all seem to accept any dies of any age.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only wad guide that doesn,t work,is the metal wad guides on the Mec 250.

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it's a pre 82, no it won't work. They are a 3 piece metal wad guide that fit into a round hole. The newer ones are one piece plastic with a tab on the back that fit into a slot. I have both models.

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mec mad a plastic wad guide for the pre-82 model 600jr Because i have one in my mec 600 jr now.

Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote