Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Load Fast??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Can anyone tell me what the approximate value of a 12 Ga. Lee Load Fast in like new condition with Primer Feed Kit? It seems to be a Progressive Press. I looked on Flea Bay and couldn't find any Load Fast on there. Thanks for any info.

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a progressive,,and definetly not one of Lee's better ideas.

I had one that I bought at a show for $5 (!). It was nearly new condition. This was about 10 or 12 years ago though,,maybe longer.
I had just returned to some recreational skeet shooting and wanted to give it a try. Keeping me in loaded rounds with a single stage was getting to be a major time investment.

I set it up and yes it cranked out loads if you watched everything carefully. But it has a bad habit of locking up, not indexing and few other small but frustrating occurances like the powder and/or shot bar(s) locking in place during operation. Removing the reservoirs is a troubling task when filled and a bar locked into place.

I battled through it,,dismanteling it often and continued to figure out it's quirks. I got quite familiar with it so as to be able to quickly resolve the problems as I went along.
I was determined to have it work and not be beaten by my $5 prize!

It worked, and I worked at it to keep it going.
When things were going well, it cranks out rounds with the best of them. But then for whatever ghost of a reason, something will lock up or disconnect during operation and you're forced to deal with problem while the rounds remain on the carrosel.

You cannot remove the rounds from the carrosel once they are in play. They have to go through the entire loading cylce and get kicked off the end by the machine.

After approx 8000 rds it finally gave it up as the plastic cam that drives the indexing was worn out. The wad guide and post went too. I had fixed it earlier on but it again broke.
Most everything in the machine is aluminum or plastic.

Lee adv that they had a few parts left over for them but I figured I had had my day with the Lee Load Fast and retired it.
I moved on to a Mec9000 and life is uncomplicated now.

My Story of the Lee LoadFast..

The End

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, it seems they might not be in much demand these days.

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Supershot
posted Hide Post
I used a LoadFast for several years, and my experience was almost the same as 2152hq. I was a little more devoted though, and rebuilt mine several times. I kept an inventory of parts, and replaced those plastic indexers every few thousand rounds. I finally sold mine and went to a MEC 9000, now with an automate, and that is a slick setup.

Mark.

Tourist to Alaskan Farmer: Hey, these cabbages are no bigger than the one I grown back home!

Alaskan Farmer's Response: Lady, you are looking at the Brussel Sprouts.

Posts: 35 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 May 2006Reply With Quote