Find
Notify
Tools

Need recommendation for shot dispenser
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Greetings all,

I'm trying to help my brother out, who needs a metering dispenser for some plastic BB sized round pellets. He wants something to dispense 50 at a time, the little balls seem to range from .013 to .017. I tried a Uniflow and it was not consistent enough, but the things metered well through a lee shotshell reloader. I only load for slugs and I can't seem to find just a shot dispenser without everything else attached to it.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

TNX

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Try the Adjustable Shot Dipper, available at www.ballisticproducts.com. Simple to use, inexpensive and a worthwhile addition to any shotshell loading eguipment, especially for load development at the range, I think.
Lefteris.

Posts: 195 | Location: Thessaloniki, GREECE | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Lefteris,

How is Thessaloniki today? A very close friend of ours was born and raised there.

A dipper will not work, these pellets have to be put into a small zip lock bag, and they need about 35,000 bags filled! A shot dispenser with a spout would be ideal, just put the bag over the spout, move the lever, and get the next bag.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
For these quantities, I think that a Lee shotshell press is the ideal solution. In my Load-All II, I use both hoppers for metering lead shot. Broke one finger of each baffle and use a combination of both powder and shot bushings to drop the exact amount of shot I want. Quick and accurate. I do not measure powder. I weight each powder charge every time.
Weather is wonderful here, although hunting season is closed. I'm looking to find some wheel weights to make Lee slugs for some practice. I've found a really accurate load for the Lee 1oz. slug for smoothbores. Until the sabot mold is ready for a slug I designed, I will have some fun with the Lee slugs.
Lefteris

Posts: 195 | Location: Thessaloniki, GREECE | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
2 choices .
I use these for counting out pellets for goose loads .

Depending on the pellet size either a large or small primer tray .
Both hold 100 so tape off 1/2 .
A pistol or rifle throws them away

If the pellets are to big for the large rifle/pistol tray use a 209 shotgun primer tray .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't a simple RCBS powder dispenser work? Seems like a no brainer? JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote