Find
Notify
Tools

28 GA. hulls?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted
Anyone now where I can get some 28 ga. AA-HS or the old AA hulls?

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you find some, I'd like 250 of the HS hulls.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it can be done now, but a shooting partner got something like 250 of them on ebay some years ago.

Another possibility is to hang around a skeet range on a day that a registered 28 gauge shoot is being held. Most shooters will pick up and keep their empties, but a few may not and may let you pick them up.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thornell,
The easiest way is to just buy a flat and shoot them and I am sure that has not escaped you. Ebay has them but they get a premium. I bought almost 2K of them off ebay but it was before they it turned into a feeding frenzy. You can expect to pay from 12 to 16 cents each adn then pay shipping. Figure that a box can set you back $8. 75 with tax and reloading them is around $2.40 and the hulls just cost you $6.35 per box or 25 cents each. So there is quite a bit of leeway even with the high prices on Ebay. I have seen people go nuts and pay more for empties than new loaded shells.

The only other place that has them listed is NSSA but they always say they are out of stock.

BTW, the new ones are built now in a longer length. They made the first hs hulls a tad shorter and got a lot of complaints from folks so they have a hull out now that is the same length as the old original. The new one will outlast the old one though and will outlast the Rem STS hulls also.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Thanks, customstox. Lately the prices of hulls on ebay are nearing .20 cents each. I guess I will do as you suggested and buy a flat. I have had gret success with the AA-HS hulls. The new AAs are junk, and the STS are not holding up as well as I hoped they would.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The AA-HS hulls are the new ones. There is a new vairation of longer ones but I have not tried any of them if that is what you are referring to. The older ones just had AA on them and they were good hulls but still did not last like the HS hulls. I hope they did not change the formulae in the plastic in the longer ones. I have 1500 of the HS shorter ones and they have about 5 reloads on them and are holding up well. Down the road I will need to look for a new batch.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote